Why Stephen Charles Landscape and Contract Gardeners?
We are based in Petersham and our working area includes Richmond Barns, Putney, Hammersmith, Chiswick, Kew, Twickenham, Teddington, Hampton, Kingston and of course Ham and Petersham
Once we have scheduled your works you will be emailed the day before to confirm our appointment and as we have our own regular staff we will always be reliable. Unlike many ‘ one man band businesses’ where if the one man needs a day off or is ill then the entire operation will stop. We have the staff to keep going. Obviously in this business we are somewhat weather dependent but should we have to postpone our visit we will contact you to make a new appointment.
- Dedicated , Friendly & Knowledgeable staff:
Whilst nearly all of our competitors claim to have dedicated friendly and knowledgeable people for them its more of an aspiration then a reality they may talk the talk but they don’t walk the walk!!
The fact is that dedicated friendly and knowledgeable people don’t just happen we as contractors have to take steps to make it happen
As a company we pay our staff more than any other contractor and we spend more on their ongoing training than any othercontractor . This is not difficult as most of our competitors spend exactly £00.00 on their people. As a company we are constantly
on the lookout for potential new staff members. We take a long time in hiring and training our staff as we need to ensure that they are able to provide the level of expertise our clients have come to expect.
- Customer Focused
- As a small and very local company we are able to give personal attention to every one of our clients. We are extremity flexible and always do our best to accommodate all of our client’s requirements
- IT System: Scheduling Invoices & quotations are all now automated and done through our IT system this increases reliability helps us to prevent mistakes and also speeds up the turnaround time for estimates. More importantly in improves communications between our people and between our people and our clients. From experience in excess of 90% of the problems we experience in client relationship are due to a lack of or break down in communications. Whilst these problems are unintended we need to take action to prevent their reoccurrence. To this end we have invested heavily in technology to schedule track and communicate with our people.
- Customer Service
Whilst everyone these days talks about customer service or have fantastically worded policy’s we have introduced measures to ensure we give the very best customer service. When we email you involve we also include a customer survey and ask for a rating for our service. The pay is directly related to this rating. We all do our very best to answer phone calls when they come in however this is unfortunately not always possible however we always return call the same day.
- Attention to detail:
As you will see from the photographs on our web site we pay great attention to the details on all of our projects and the results speak volumes. My people and I are in the business because we are passionate about gardens and enjoy creating and looking after high quality gardens, in many different stylesand siz
Fantastic Quality Work:
Just look at the pictures on our web site and compare to our competitors the difference is clear
The majority of our work comes from a portfolio of longstanding happy clients and the referrals of out satisfied clients.
- Free Very Accurate Quotations and Estimates:
- As a long established business we have developed an extensive data base. We have recorded the prices and costs of every project we have undertaken and it is from this data we are able to provide accurate quotations unlike our competitors who just guess at the price. So when you get a quotation form us you can be confident that the price quoted is the price you will pay. When because of unusual or unique circumstances we are unsure of the cost we will provide an estimate. However if this is the case we will make this very clear during the estimating process.
- Fully Confidential
We never sell on or pass on to third parties or clients details. The only exception is we will provide site address to suppliers to facilitate delivery
- Fully Insured
We have continually inforce both employers and public liability insurance. Be careful some of our competors don’t have public liability insurance and if they do not have this insurance the home or property owner will have to assume liability for claims made against a contractor they employ.
- Fully Compliant
As a result of recent legal present there is a duty of care on anyone who uses the services of a contractor to insure that the contractor is competent to undertake the works. We are fully compliant with all currant health and safety legislation. We provide both in house and external training for our people to make sure they remain fully up to date with all amendments. In addition we are fully compliant with all of the relevant British Standards for the services we offer. The main standards are B.S. 3998, B.S. 5837, B.S. 7370. These standards provide the basis for all of our specifications.
- Long established business:
We have been in business for over 30 years and fully intend to be around for many more yet!
Today there are hundreds of suppliers offering a vast range of materials and products at the click of a mouse button. However there is no way of telling how good the quality of these products is until they arrive on site by which time it is often too late to do much about it. We only supply materials of the height quality from the best suppliers. As we have been in the business for so many years we have used many many different suppliers and materials over the years so the choices we make are based on personal experience gained in the field